Normally, it’s common courtesy to hold your comments while someone is talking during a video conference call.
However, when astonishment and awe hit you of the fruitful testimonies of God working through effective partnerships for His cause, we could not be silent at our recent GACX online board meeting.
Neither do we want to be silent with you! We want you to join us with shouts of praise and joy, because our God is moving beyond our scope in this world. In just seeing a glimpse of His global activity this past week, we were floored and deeply encouraged.
Here’s an overview of what we discovered as we met:
- In Bangkok, Thailand last July, Bekele Shanko and Jerry Sharpless met with the Thai church leaders who are believing God for the impossible – to see a vital church planted in each of the 80,000 Thai villages. In April, there was a gathering of more than 5,000 Thai church leaders for vision, training and motivation.
- Last month, Bekele had an opportunity to share the GACX Vision at Antioch International Conference in Winter Park, Colorado to nearly 1,000 Antioch missionaries. Jimmy Seibert, the president of Antioch Ministries International, stood up and by faith declared them to be the 36th member of GACX. We are delighted to work together with the Antioch Church Movement to accelerate God’s Kingdom.
- This month, we have accepted four new members to GACX: Antioch Ministries, Oasis World Ministries, Big Life Ministries, and OneHope.
- Grace Church, The Timothy Initiative, The Jesus Film Project and American Bible Society are working together synergistically in Northern India. Grace Church was there with donors, Jesus Film Project provided the film in local languages, Faith Comes by Hearing provided proclaimer boxes, and the American Bible Society provided Bibles needed, and The Timothy Initiative trained church planters. This is multi-organization partnerships in action!
- One family shared on how husband used to beat her. Never heard the Word of God before. She said the Word of God brought peace to her home for the first time.
- In a remote, unreached village that was drowning in black magic and witchcraft, the light of Christ shone brightly into 60 new believing hearts.
- The Reformed Christian Church of God, based in Texas, has shown recent interest in learning how to partnering with GACX. They’re current target audience for church planting is Nigerians. Now they are wanting to develop cross-cultural churches.
- Paul and Cathy Becker with DCPI have been traveling to different summits around the world, such as Panama, Brazil, Philippines, and North America. During these summits they cast vision for staff. They have launched in 68 new countries!
- Dan Hitzhusen reported that e3 Partners Ministry is starting to see the planting of third and fourth generation churches in 18 cities in the US.
- John Becker gave an encouraging report about new collaborative efforts to engage the unengaged people groups in some of the most challenging places on earth.
- David Nelms with The Timothy Initiative just returned from West Africa with pockets full of testimonies of God’s power! Little churches are being started in voodoo villages, animists are coming to Christ and planting churches themselves. TTI has also just opened a new training center in Boston, and two more in NYC.
This is just a glimpse of how God is moving throughout the world.