Today almost 8 billion people live on Planet Earth. Of those, some 2.3 billion claim to follow Jesus, while the remaining 5.7 billion do not identify with the Christian faith. This presents the body of Christ with great opportunities as well as great challenges. The former need to be inspired and mobilized to passionately and effectively engage the latter with the life-changing gospel of Jesus Christ.
Vision, Values, and Beliefs
The vision of GACX is to inspire and facilitate intentional collaboration within the body of Christ toward planting a healthy and multiplying church or faith community among every 1,000 people on Earth. These churches will be located in every relational network, such as a village, neighborhood, high-rise, business, school or digital space. They will influence their communities through:
- Preaching the gospel in word and deed
- Teaching Christians to obey the Word of God
- Making multiplying disciples
- Helping Christians to live as salt and light in their communities.
- Faith-inspired prayer
- “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing) (Jn. 15:5).
- “Everything is possible for one who believes” (Mk. 9:23).
- Unified Christian witness
- “. . . that they may be one as we are one . . . then the world will know that you sent me” (Jn. 17:20-23).
- “As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples” (Jn. 13:34-35).
- Collaboration across diversity
- “Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it” (1 Cor 12:12-31).
- “From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work” (Eph. 4:16.
- Effective coordination
- “Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor” (Eccl. 4:9-12).
- “Five of you will chase a hundred, and a hundred of you will chase ten thousand” (Lev. 26.8).
- All matter: God loves the whole world. We mobilize every resource and use every gift under our care in order to reach every person with the gospel.
- All methods: there is one Church. We love, respect and affirm any size, expression, tradition, and ministry methodology of the church provided that Jesus is proclaimed as Lord and King, and the Bible is elevated as the Spirit-inspired inerrant Word of God.
- All multiply: living organisms reproduce. We all use the tools, strategies and methods God has given us to creatively multiply disciples, leaders, faith communities and churches.
- All together: we are better together; therefore we love, inspire, support and learn from one another.
- All in: God’s kingdom is bigger than any one organization or church denomination. We focus on what unites us, and work together humbly, intentionally and strategically.
- All God: we can do nothing without God. We pray, mobilize prayers, believe, and take faith-actions to further the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Unique Characteristics of GACX
- We pursue a shared vision of planting a multiplying church or faith community for every 1,000 people (an aggregate of five million churches).
- We share resources, experiences and best practices toward accomplishing our shared vision.
- We take concrete steps toward initiating and implementing effective collaboration with one another.
- We seek to identify and match needs and resources among member organizations.
- We emphasize the multiplication of disciples, leaders, churches and faith communities.
- Through multiplication processes, we engage the least-reached peoples and places with the gospel and help raise up leaders who are able to identify and overcome some of the most relevant challenges to the gospel.
A local church is a body of believers and followers of Jesus Christ, with recognized spiritual leadership, who regularly gather for worship, fellowship, instruction, the practice of the ordinances, and who fulfill the Great Commission by loving and serving one another and their neighbors and intentionally multiplying themselves.
- Regarding church size, various members have various measurements. Examples include: “two or three gathered in my name;” “ten or more adults from three different families practicing Acts 2:42-47;” and “hundreds of people worshipping the Lord together.”
A partnership is an intentional collaboration between like-minded leaders of various churches and mission organizations toward achieving a common goal. They share a common vision and values, they mobilize and optimize resources, and they measure and celebrate collective progress.
Categories of Members
- Churches and organizations that are primarily involved in planting and multiplying churches.
- Churches and organizations whose primary focus is to help accelerate church planting and multiplication through prayer, tools, strategies, finances, humanitarian development programs, networking, etc.
- Embracing the vision and values of GACX as described in its framework.
- Contributing at least 1,000 churches and faith communities toward our common goal, whether directly or through partnerships (applies to GACX implementers only)
- Having active ministry in multiple countries or regions of the world.
- Agreeing to measure, share and celebrate ministry reports and progress with member organizations. We measure churches, locations, unreached/unengaged people groups or segments of society, and conduct periodic assessments of church health or movements.
- Being willing to annually invest at least $1,000 to GACX toward facilitating our collaborative efforts.
- Committing to be represented at the global GACX Forum at least once every two years
- Glorifying God. Becoming answers to Jesus’ prayer in John 17
- Collaborating. Accelerating the gospel through unity and partnerships.
- Leveraging. Making strategic connections, building relationships with like-minded leaders and accelerating the mission through intentional collaboration.
- Connecting and growing. Engaging in an ongoing learning community in one’s area of interest and ministry, and influencing one another toward ministry effectiveness and increased impact of the kingdom.
- Utilizing information. Using global, regional and national research and information for tracking, planning, marketing, and resource-raising decisions.
Application for Membership
Local churches, church denominations, mission organizations and networks with a similar mission may join GACX. The application process:
- Potential members complete the application form provided online at gacx.io/apply
- the application will be reviewed by the GACX Leadership Team.
- the applicant will be notified of the outcome within a week of the date of application.
A GACX membership may be canceled when a member organization chooses to do so or acts in contrary to this framework.
Regional and National Alliances
Regional and national alliances provide a platform for global GACX members, national churches and mission agencies to develop and implement a shared vision at regional or national levels. Any GACX member(s) may help initiate and facilitate the development of an alliance in a given geographic region, nation or city. However, anyone wishing to launch a new alliance should first contact the GACX global office at firstname.lastname@example.org and verify that similar alliances do not exist in that particular region. This helps to avoid duplication or competition.
- Contextual application of the GACX framework.
- Connected to the global GACX.
- Represented at global forums.
- Global GACX encourages and supports local and regional alliances as necessary.
As a member of GACX, you can inspire, initiate, and implement partnerships with member organizations. If you are not yet a member, you can help accelerate the Great Commission by joining GACX now. To partner with GACX or any of its member organizations, please visit gacx.io or email at email@example.com.